» Is Third Place Commons part of Third Place Books?
» Who runs Third Place Commons?
» What activities does Third Place Commons offer?
For young children and their caregivers:
* Stage Programs during the summer and during the holiday season, sponsored by the King County Library System
* Annual community Halloween celebration
For school-aged and high school students:
* Pinewood Derbies with local Cub Scout Packs
* Concerts with elementary school musicians in the Shoreline and other neighboring School Districts
* Performance recitals by private music and dance studios
* Area school jazz band performances
For people of all ages:
* Lake Forest Park Farmers Market (weekly from Mother’s Day through the third Sunday in October)
* Live music with an open dance floor every Friday and Saturday night
* Weekly language conversation groups in French, Spanish and German
* LFP Garden Club Meetings with public presentations
* Computer Q&A’s
* Biannual City Council Candidate Forums
» How does Friends of Third Place Commons raise funds?
Annual fundraising efforts include GiveBIG in May and our year-end letter in December. Our primary fundraiser, the Third Place Commons Community Breakfast, is held annually in the late winter/early spring.
» How is this money used?
» Who are Third Place Commons Partners in the community?
- City of Lake Forest Park to offer special events such as the Home-Based Business Fair, the Earth Smart Green Fair, and candidate and issue forums;
- King County Library System System to provide free WI-fi and Friends of Lake Forest Park Library to provide and support special events on our stage;
- Shoreline School District to produce student concerts, art shows, and other cultural events;
- 4Culture to support programming and equipment acquisitions through grant funding
- Shoreline-Lake Forest Park Senior Center to provide space for informational public programs and other activities;
- Town Center Merchants to convene periodic merchant meetings in the Commons, and to offer collaborative opportunities such as day sponsorships at the farmers market, participation in events such as the community Halloween party and the Ciscoe Morris broadcast at the Garden Tour.
Through the Lake Forest Park Farmers Market, we offer a food assistance program, and partner with the following agencies to distribute Market Bucks:
- Center for Human Services
- Shoreline-Lake Forest Park Senior Center
» How can you support Third Place Commons?
Friends of Third Place Commons is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, and donations are tax deductible. We are registered with the Washington State Charities Program as required by law.